Saturday, January 24, 2009

The pregnant woman that cried wolf.

I mentioned to the OB on Thursday that I have an unstable Pelvis and was causing me a lot of pain and that I was not coping very well. The Midwife was very comforting as she could see me fighting back the tears. The OB agreed to take this pregnancy week by week and see how I was coping.

Then yesterday I thought that it was our time, I really did. The contractions were 5 minutes apart and lasted for a minute, plus I couldn’t talk through the pain and needed to concentrate on breathing.

They started on Thursday night around 6 pm, I took some Panadol at 8pm and was able to sleep until 11pm then from 11 to 4am I was walking around the house, dealing with the pain every 5 minutes.

I again took Panadol at 12am and then again at 4am and was able to sleep until Tim left for work at 6am. By 10am I called the midwife at the OB surgery telling her my symptoms. Again I was told to go to hospital to be monitored.

Whilst the contractions were registering as pretty strong after an internal exam it became apparent that they were Braxton Hicks again. As my cervix did not show any softness and was tightly closed. On way what a relief but on the other hand, how stupid did I feel and still feel.

I’ve been told to take Panadol 4 hourly no matter what as this is the only way to try to help relax my uterus. I was also given a injection for the babies lungs and going back again this afternoon for another shot.

I honestly couldn’t be 100% sure if I had some “show” as I’m bleeding from the Haemorrhoid (not nice). But I’ve been told that if the pain persist even with the 4 hourly dose of Paracetamol then I’m to go back for more monitoring as it is better to be safe than sorry.

The one good thing about all of this is that my back and Haemorrhoid pain have gone, it seems that the babies have moved off the Sciatic nerve and what a relief!!!

There has been talk of hospitalisation and monitoring but as I’m very close to the hospital and have a decent amount of support my OB was reluctant to have me stay as long as I called at the first sign of anything different.

When I got home from the hospital I turned to my MIL and said "One day it will the real thing", and I had to wonder if the hospital and my OB will see me as the woman that constantly cried wolf...or in my instance "It is time!"

1 comment:

Carrie27 said...

I'm a clicker for your blog and I want to say, I have been where you are. I had twins four months ago and the end was definitely the worst part of it all.