Monday, January 12, 2009

32 Weeks

3-4 weeks to go I hope. I just want to get to 35 or 36 weeks so that I can go to the local hospital.

My OB appointment last week went well, we are all doing just great. My belly is measuring a nice 36 weeks (even though I was 31.3 weeks). Blood pressure good and no swelling.

The only thing I had to complain about was the lower back pain, which started last week and the midwife mentioned that this was called Sciatica, as soon as I got home I called for an Osteopath appointment. Talk about instant relief with the pain, I still need to use a heat pack daily to alleviate the pain but it is not as bad as it was.

My bags are still not packed and the midwife did indicate that it would be a good idea. So I will do it this week, the babies bag is packed which is typical that I put others before myself. But I enjoyed packing their bag.

My Mum and I brought some of the baby stuff home from storage and I went through the mammoth task of looking at all the boxes of Jordy’s clothes and sorting them out. The Babies draws are now ready and the change table has been moved into the room, Jordy is surprisingly happy to go into their room and climb up onto the change table.

I’ve put a small bed side table into Jordy’s room where he helped me pack the draws, so very cute.

I feel more comfortable now that the cot linen is home and packed away and that their clothes are ready. Nappies, change table and wipes are all ready. The curtains are also up. My Mum continues to offer mountains of support even though she is leaving for Hungary on Sunday.

We even had the concreting worked completed last week, it was not a priority but at least it is finally done and now we can buy a garden shed to bring back all the stuff that is in storage.

Names

I secretly knew when I was last pregnant that Jordan would be the name we give to him when he was born. I had a list ready though, but deep down I knew that he would be Jordan.

When we found out that we were having a Boy and a Girl we started talking about names. Ronan was a name that we got from Star Gate Atlantis, but the only problem that I had with it was no real nick name. Tim was flicking through the baby name book and came up with Rylie Jacob but I’ve just convinced him now that it would be good to our new son Rylan Jacob and have Rylie as his nickname. Just like his older brother is Jordan Jared but he is called Jordy.

Now Tim does not like any girls name that I’ve come up with but I figure that he picked the boys I get to pick the girls. So our daughter will be called Lillian Rose but Lilly for her nick name.

So our children will be Jordy, Rylie and Lilly. Which I absolutely love!

We have been talking about the babies with Jordy from day dot, but now I’ve started saying that they are Jordy’s brother and sister and calling them by their names. Jordy is fascinated with having his name written, Jordy Bestyen (he can’t say our surname correctly). This morning I wrote Jordy Bestyen, Mummy Bestyen, Daddy Bestyen, Rylie and Lilly Bestyen with no reaction.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on 32 weeks. Not much longer to go now. Here's wishing you an easy 4 more weeks!