Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My first Mothers Day

I didn’t want to make a big deal but I did want it to be acknowledged that I am a mother, or one in the making. I didn’t want a big fancy gift from Mimi marking the occasion, what I did ‘need’ was a nightie to wear when in the hospital.

Most of the day was celebrated at my MIL house where SIL was also present. Our little nephew has grown so much and I got to have a little cuddle which I’m always grateful for. The day for me was just right, SIL and I had a really good discussion about many topics, but mainly about pregnancy, babies and family expectations. It was a good afternoon, it would’ve been better if my mother was in the country. I missed my Mummy that day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My DH whispered to me "Happy Mother's Day", though I am a mother in the making. I didnt want it to be a big deal either but to have someone as dear as my DH to say it to me seems really real!.

Happy Mothers day to you too