Thursday, January 12, 2006

Glowing

Is there such a thing as glowing when pregnant? I’ve never really seen it, but then again like other infertiles, I used to keep right away from Pregnant women.

I let someone know yesterday at work that I was pregnant and here is the conversation:

Me: “Just so you know, I’m pregnant”

B: “Yeah I already knew”

Me: “What who told you?, How did you find out? Did H let you know?”

B: “No I knew awhile ago, you’ve been glowing, I noticed just before Christmas, I don’t know but for some reason pregnant women seem to glow and I knew that S was pregnant before she even did a test because she too was glowing.”

In my head: “Glowing me…hmmmpphhh that’s bullshit”

But is it really that….bullshit….do women glow when they are pregnant
?

4 comments:

Felicity said...

Im certainly not glowing. I think that if you are glowing, you have to have some inkling of it.. I just feel like an unwell blimp all day! (Very excited about our new Baby, but still NOT enjoying pregnancy!)

You know, I bet you are glowing though. :)

Tuppence said...

yes i got lots of comments when i was pregnant that i was glowing etc it has something to do with all the extra blood you are processsing some one told me....

Anita said...

I ain't glowing so I really don't know what that is all about....

Show us your glow!!! Dare you!!

Kim said...

The 'glowing' is supposed to be caused by all the extra blood your body is making to share with the baby. Because you're carring so much more your veins are wider and more easy to see so your cheeks will be redder and your skin might be clearer, etc...