Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Nesting Mari style??

I don’t know if what I’m doing can be considered as ‘Nesting’ but there is an overwhelming compulsion to do the things that I’ve been up to.

Cooking

I’ve always loved to cook but felt that it was a chore. That doesn’t sound right, loving to do something but it is a chore….but you get my drift…hopefully! During the working week I was too tired and just plain lazy to cook proper meals. Or what I’ve been brought up to consider a ‘proper’ meal.

On the weekends I was lucky if I cleaned the house let alone cook for the week ahead. But now with all the time in the world, I’ve started cooking the meals that I grew up eating. I must admit that I am amazed that my mother was able to work a full time job and yet was able to cook the meals we had when we were growing up.

I wonder if this will continue once Bobim is here…most likely not but am hoping that by some slim chance that they may.

Cleaning

This is the part of my life that I feel an overwhelming feeling of compulsion to do and I was putting all this off until I was at home. My desire right now is to go through each room of my house and clean everything. From floors, walls, windows, furniture to cleaning out draws, cupboards and shelves.

Today I’ve planned to start with my bedroom and ensuite. My approach will be to tackle on room at a time, so I don’t over do it. The Salvos are going to receive a big bag of clothes that we don’t use anymore, I have to make sure that I deliver these clothes today otherwise my mother will screech and try to inherit them.

No comments: