Sunday, November 09, 2008

Jordan's Antics

This post like most of my posts has been rolling around in my head for a while, it is just hard to find the time to put hands on keyboard. But I’m itching to get this post out and put to bed as I don’t want to forget some of the precious moments we are having with Jordy.

To say that he brings joy and happiness to our lives is an understatement. If he doesn’t wake us in the morning and is still sleeping, I find myself looking forward to seeing his smile in the mornings and creeping into his room just in case he wakes up. I’ve also gone in there and deliberately woken him up.

He is a very happy little boy, that is starting to push his independence with everything and I mean everything. No is his favourite word and it is good to know that this is very normal. We haven’t had any of the full on throw yourself on the floor tantrums, but we do get the marching on the spot whining kind, but we just seem to be able to ignore this behaviour or distract him.

Most recently Jordy has been known to kick us out of his play area. One of us will try to sit down and play with him and if he doesn’t like what you are doing, he will simply point to a chair and say “Mummy csucs (meaning sit).” He has even known to tell my Mum to go and sit over there.

We spent a lot of time going to display homes around our area looking for our new house. Jordan really loved walking through the houses, he would mimic what we were saying which was so cute. But the one thing that I don’t want to forget is the uncanny nack of my son always doing a poo in these display homes. Why don’t I want to forget, well mainly if it only occurred once then it would mean anything.

It didn’t matter if we went before of after his nap, he would get to the one of the houses that we all really liked and decide to do his poo right there and then. Needless to say I learnt to start taking extra nappies and wipes with us when we went to have a look at display homes or go through the walkthrough.

Jordan is talking so much these days, there was a time that I was worried about his speech development. The best present that Jordan ever received for his birthday was wall posters for his room. There are 4 posters of the alphabet, colours, number and times. We rotate them around the room and it is Tim’s nightly ritual to point at the pictures and say the words. Now Jordan can say each word himself without Daddy needing to prompt him.

I love, love, love, how much he is talking. There is still baby babble sometimes but mostly you can understand what he is trying to say. I love that I could be anywhere in the house and I will hear “Mummy, whatchadoing” or “Mummy where are you” and I really think that he enjoys my reply of “Yes Jordy”.

No comments: