Monday, August 25, 2008

Update on Jordy

My little man, calls himself as Jordy with a French slant on the 'J'. Everything is Jordy's sock, shoes, bed...you name it it's Jordy's.

In the mornings I'm greeted with Hi Jordy, followed by Hi Mummy. His vocabulary amazes me, he says so many different words and 3 word sentences now. At times there is still baby babble, and I'm ok with that. Jordy also speaks Hungarian, he seems to understand that "Viz" is water and "Tej" is milk. We speak more English but now and then we try to speak Hungarian to him so that he can at least understand what both Grandparents say to him.

A very independant little man that really wants to help and do things for himself and I have to wonder if it is the influence of Day Care.

If I didn't have to work, I wouldn't. But having said that I know that Jordy benefits so much from being in Day Care 3 times a week. Not only does he sleep and eat well there, but he has his own little friends.

Droping him off is much easier now that he doesn't cry in the mornings and fingers crossed he is now over all the sickness phase. That is tough! At one point Jordy had gastro every 3 weeks. Not nice at all.

I know that he also benefits from spending time with his grandparents one on one.

Ideally I would love to work part time and spend as much time as I could with him at home. It just isn't the way it is with our life at the moment. I'm supporting the family whilst Tim is supporting the Business.

I was looking back over his photo's and I just can't believe how much he has grown! I feel so lucky and blessed!

No comments: